Yummy Breakfast Frittata
mary lou simko
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes or strings
- 1 c
- frozen green beans and carrots
- 4 slice
- swiss cheese, low sodium
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- italian seasoning spice mixture
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Yummy Breakfast Frittata
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F. Start heating 1 tbsp. of oil in non stick skillet, preferably one that can withstand being placed in oven. When oil is warm, add potatoes and brown them slowly on all sides.
- 2When potatoes are cooked, lower heat to simmer and keep warm on burner, covering with lid or plate.
- 3Beat eggs in a bowl and add spices as desired. Set aside.
- 4Cook frozen veggies in sauce pan or microwave in a bowl with 2 tbsp. water. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- 5When veggies are cooled, add half of the beaten eggs over potatoes. Layer veggies thinly and evenly over potatoes. Lay slices of Swiss cheese over veggies and pour remaining egg over top of layers.
- 6Raise heat to medium high and begin to cook mixture. Do not stir. When contents in pan appear to have set- no visible liquid moving, place entire skillet in preheated oven and bake at 375 F.
- 7Remove when contents have begun to brown and eggs are fully cooked. Cook time varies with oven performance.
- 8If desired turn on broiler and place skillet in broiler for no more than 2 minutes. Top will brown nicely.
- 9Remove from broiler. Contents will be HOT! Allow to cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 10If cookware is not oven rated, recipe may be adapted. Once egg and cheese/veggies are added, warm the mixture on medium heat until starting to set, then cover and cook on low, checking approximately every 5 minutes. Dish is ready when eggs are completely cooked and visible potatoes are soft and may be pierced with tip of knife.
- 11Serve in pie shaped wedges with fresh fruit, meats or salad for a wonderful brunch item. Enjoy!