Yummy Breakfast Frittata
mary lou simko
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cpotatoes, peeled and cut into cubes or strings
1 cfrozen green beans and carrots
4 sliceswiss cheese, low sodium
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspitalian seasoning spice mixture
2 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbspfresh parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Yummy Breakfast Frittata
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Start heating 1 tbsp. of oil in non stick skillet, preferably one that can withstand being placed in oven. When oil is warm, add potatoes and brown them slowly on all sides.
- When potatoes are cooked, lower heat to simmer and keep warm on burner, covering with lid or plate.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add spices as desired. Set aside.
- Cook frozen veggies in sauce pan or microwave in a bowl with 2 tbsp. water. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- When veggies are cooled, add half of the beaten eggs over potatoes. Layer veggies thinly and evenly over potatoes. Lay slices of Swiss cheese over veggies and pour remaining egg over top of layers.
- Raise heat to medium high and begin to cook mixture. Do not stir. When contents in pan appear to have set- no visible liquid moving, place entire skillet in preheated oven and bake at 375 F.
- Remove when contents have begun to brown and eggs are fully cooked. Cook time varies with oven performance.
- If desired turn on broiler and place skillet in broiler for no more than 2 minutes. Top will brown nicely.
- Remove from broiler. Contents will be HOT! Allow to cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If cookware is not oven rated, recipe may be adapted. Once egg and cheese/veggies are added, warm the mixture on medium heat until starting to set, then cover and cook on low, checking approximately every 5 minutes. Dish is ready when eggs are completely cooked and visible potatoes are soft and may be pierced with tip of knife.
- Serve in pie shaped wedges with fresh fruit, meats or salad for a wonderful brunch item. Enjoy!