Overnight S’mores French Toast Casserole
- 1 can(s)
- pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty french loaf, baked as directed on can (recipe works better if bread is 1 day old)1 can pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty french loaf, baked as directed on can (recipe works better if bread is 1 day old)1 can pillsbur
- 1/2 c
- chocolate chips
- 2 c
- chocolate milk
- 1/4 c
- golden grahams™ cereal
- large marshmallows (cut in half)
How to Make Overnight S’mores French Toast Casserole
- 1Cut or tear baked French loaf into 1/2-inch cubes. In ungreased 3-quart baking dish, combine bread cubes and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- 2In medium bowl, beat milk and eggs with whisk until combined. Pour over bread mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- 3When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish. Sprinkle cereal evenly over top. Bake 50 minutes.
- 4With kitchen scissors, cut marshmallows in half. Without turning oven off, remove baking dish from oven. Top casserole with marshmallows.
- 5Return to oven; bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed and toasty. Watch carefully so marshmallows do not burn! Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
- 6To make sure the casserole doesn’t turn out soggy, let the bread soak and absorb the liquid for at least 2 hours.
Add the Golden Grahams™ cereal once all of the liquid is absorbed by the bread so the cereal stays crunchy after baking.