Overnight S’mores French Toast Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty french loaf, baked as directed on can (recipe works better if bread is 1 day old)1 can pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty french loaf, baked as directed on can (recipe works better if bread is 1 day old)1 can pillsbur
1/2 cchocolate chips
2 cchocolate milk
1/4 cgolden grahams™ cereal
10large marshmallows (cut in half)
How to Make Overnight S’mores French Toast Casserole
- Cut or tear baked French loaf into 1/2-inch cubes. In ungreased 3-quart baking dish, combine bread cubes and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat milk and eggs with whisk until combined. Pour over bread mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish. Sprinkle cereal evenly over top. Bake 50 minutes.
- With kitchen scissors, cut marshmallows in half. Without turning oven off, remove baking dish from oven. Top casserole with marshmallows.
- Return to oven; bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed and toasty. Watch carefully so marshmallows do not burn! Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
- To make sure the casserole doesn’t turn out soggy, let the bread soak and absorb the liquid for at least 2 hours.
Add the Golden Grahams™ cereal once all of the liquid is absorbed by the bread so the cereal stays crunchy after baking.