MAPLE NUT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- loaf of italian or challah bread, torn into bite size pieces
- 3 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c
- whole milk
- 8 large
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- pure maple syrup, divided (1/3 c. & 2/3 c.)
- 1 c
- light brown sugar, firmly packed & equally divided
- 1/2 c
- salted butter
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make MAPLE NUT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 1Lightly butter a 9"x13" casserole dish.
- 2Distribute torn bread in prepared dish.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- 4While beating, slowly add milk and contiue beating until smooth.
- 5Add eggs, cream, 1/3 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup light brown sugar and mix well.
- 6Pour egg mixture over bread in dish, cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2 hrs. if serving the same day.)
- 7Remove from refrigerator and allow to sit out for 1 hour.
- 8Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 9Make topping: Melt butter in saucepan.
- 10Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2/3 cup maple syrup.
- 11Cook over medium high heat for about 2 minutes, until it comes to a boil.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- 13Evenly pour over casserole and smooth.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 15Remove from oven and serve with warm maple syrup. (And some bacon on the side is delicious!)
- 16Cover and refrigerate leftovers.