Lone Star Breakfast Casserole
- 2 c
- croutons , plain
- 1 lb
- breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 c
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 c
- sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 oz
- chopped green chilies
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
How to Make Lone Star Breakfast Casserole
- 1Cook sausage and drain the grease.
- 2In a large bowl, combine croutons, sausage, mushrooms, both cheeses and chilies.
- 3Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Pour the sausage mixture into the casserole dish.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine egg, mustard, salt and milk. Mix well.
- 5Pour over the sausage mixture in the casserole dish.
- 6Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- 7When ready to cook: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 8Uncover casserole and bake for one hour.