Caramel-Banana-Pecan Bread Casserole
Made almost like "monkey bread", this recipe with have your breakfast ready to go in no time. All good for Ladies Luncheon. Serve with coffee and you're ready to go.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1(12-oz) loaf french bread, cut into 1" cubes
2 chalf and half, light cream, or whole milk
3eggs or 3/4 cup refrigerated or thawed frozen egg product
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1/4 cpacked brown sugar
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 cpecans, coarsely chopped
·caramel-banana sauce (recipe included below)
How to Make Caramel-Banana-Pecan Bread Casserole
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cubes are golden, stirring once or twice; cool. Place cubes in slow cooker.
- In a large bowl whisk together half and half, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over bread cubes in cooker. With the back of a large spoon, press bread down slightly to moisten cubes completely.
- In a medium bowl use a pastry blender to cut butter into brown sugar until pieces are pea size. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over bread mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Turn off and let cool for 30 minutes. Serve with Caramel-Banana Sauce (recipe below).
- CARAMEL-BANANA SAUCE: In a medium heavy saucepan combine 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, and 2 tablespoons light-color corn syrup (I use clear).
Bring to boiling over medium high heat, whisking occasionally; reduce heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in 1 banana, thinly sliced. Makes 1.5 cups. Serve immediately over bread.