Banana Foster French Toast
2/3 cbrown sugar
1/2 cheavy whipping cream
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 cchopped pecans, optional
12 slicechallah bread (i used french bread)
1 1/2 cmilk (2%)
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Banana Foster French Toast
- Microwave butter 30-45 seconds covered until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon and pecans (if desired). Add bananas & toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish. Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit.
- Place milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a blender; process just until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate covered 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile remove baking dish from refrigerator. Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes. Invert to serve.