Baked Orange Pecan French Toast
- 2/3 c
- orange juice
- 1/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- orange liqueur
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- orange zest
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- thick slices french bread
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
- powdered sugar for garnish
- fresh fruit for garnish
How to Make Baked Orange Pecan French Toast
- 1In a large bowl, beat together eggs, orange juice, milk, orange liqueur, sugar, orange zest, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 2Dip each slice of French bread in mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- 3Place soaked bread slices in a single layer on an ungreased 15x10 jelly roll pan. Pour any remaining mixture over bread.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Next morning: Preheat oven to 375 F
- 6Divide melted butter evenly between two 9x13 glass baking dishes and spread to completely cover the bottom of dishes.
- 7Place soaked bread slices in a single layer in the two dishes and sprinkle with pecans.
- 8Bake on middle rack in oven for 20 minutes. Do not turn slices over.
- 9Remove from baking dishes, sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired) and serve with a variety of syrups