Baked Orange Pecan French Toast
2/3 corange juice
3 Tbsporange liqueur
1 Tbsporange zest
1/2 tspvanilla extract
12thick slices french bread
1/3 cbutter, melted
1/2 cchopped pecans
·powdered sugar for garnish
·fresh fruit for garnish
How to Make Baked Orange Pecan French Toast
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, orange juice, milk, orange liqueur, sugar, orange zest, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Dip each slice of French bread in mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Place soaked bread slices in a single layer on an ungreased 15x10 jelly roll pan. Pour any remaining mixture over bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning: Preheat oven to 375 F
- Divide melted butter evenly between two 9x13 glass baking dishes and spread to completely cover the bottom of dishes.
- Place soaked bread slices in a single layer in the two dishes and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake on middle rack in oven for 20 minutes. Do not turn slices over.
- Remove from baking dishes, sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired) and serve with a variety of syrups