Bagel, Lox, and Egg Strata
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
This is a make-ahead breakfast casserole with bagels and smoked salmon. Viv Raives, Cambria, Calif. was the $400 winner in the Egg Stratas and Casseroles Category, (May 2002) for a contest for Better Homes and Gardens.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cbutter, melted
8 cbagels (4-6, cut into bite-size pieces)
3 ozsmoked salmon (lox style, thinly sliced, cut into small pieces))
2 cswiss cheese or monteray jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cfresh chives, snipped
1 ccottage cheese
How to Make Bagel, Lox, and Egg Strata
- Place melted butter in a 3-qt rectangular baking dish, spreading to cover the bottom.
- Spread bagel pieces evenly in prepared dish.
- Sprinkle lox, cheese, and chives evenly over bagel pieces.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and pepper.
- Pour over layers in dish.
- Press down gently using the back of a wooden spoon to moisten all of the ingredients.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until set and edges are puffed and golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.