1leek (white and light green parts only) halved and thinly sliced and well washed.
·salt and pepper
1 bunchasparagus (1 pound) tough ends removed and thinly sliced on the diagonal.
1 clovegarlic, minced
6 mediummushrooms, sliced or diced
2 slicebacon, diced
1 1/4 chalf and half
1 cshredded gruyere cheese (4 oz)
1pie crust shell for 9-inch pie plate, well chilled
How to Make Asparagus Quiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with the rack in the lowest position.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium. Add bacon and cook until starting to brown. Add leek, asparagus, garlic, and mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese; top with asparagus mixture. Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake until center of quiche is just set, 50 to 60 minutes, rotating sheet after about 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- To store, let cool, then refrigerate, up to 1 day. Reheat at 350 until warm in center, about 30 minutes. It does warm up very well.
- To save time I used a pre-made (Maria Calendar) frozen crust and it worked just fine.