Zucchinni Cranberry Walnut Bread with Orange Icing
Durring his time of year I love to make my apple cakes and pies, zucchini breads and cakes and of course all kinds of pumpkin goodies using fresh locally grown fruits and vegtables.
My mind tends to drift towards holiday baking as the leaves tumble from the trees in crimson, bright yellows and glorious orange shades....reminding us all that very soon we will be knee deep in flour and sugar baking for our family and friends as the holidays are fast approaching!
I have posted some of my favorite fall and holiday recipes...I hope you will give one or two a try!
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 2 c
- all purpose flour - l use hecklers
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 3 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 c
- 1 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 2 c
- grated fresh zuchinni ( about 2 medium)
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp
- orange zest - save juice if using orange icing
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 box
- confectioners sugar
- 1/2 stick
- butter - softened
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice or until desired consistancy for a thick glaze
ICING OPTIONS : SPRINKLE OF CONFECTIONERS SUGAR...OR
OR A DARK FUDGE FROSTING OF CHOICE IS ALSO A WONDERFUL TOPPING IF LOOKING FOR MORE OF A CAKE
How to Make Zucchinni Cranberry Walnut Bread with Orange Icing
- 1Sift first 5 ingredients into a small bowl
- 2Blend eggs, veg oil, sugar,grated zuchinni, orange zest and vanilla in large bowl and mix well with mixer.
- 3Stir flour mix into zuchinni mix and beat untill smooth. Chop dried cranberries,walnuts in mini food chopper until small in size. Stir into batter.
- 4Pour batter into a pam sprayed or greased 9 x 13 pan or bundt pan...as an option, can also pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes...loaves can take a bit longer...check with toothpick.
- 6Cool in pan on wire rack 10 min then remove from loaf or bundt pan (leave in pan if using 9 x13)
Cool on wire rack
- 7As an option, you can frost the breads or cake if you wish...I rarely do, I think it is delicious wiht just a sprinkle of confectioners sugar..but my orange icing or a dark chocolate fudge frosting of your choice goes surprisingly well on this if you decide on a 13x9 cake. If making the bread loaves, make a very thick orange or if you prefere vanilla glaze.. just enough to coat the top of the loaf. Sprinkle icing with an additional bit of orange zest and fine chopped walnuts to complete the loaf.
- 8This is a wonderfully delicious Autumn sweet bread / cake using the bounty of the season. This cake also freezes very well (unfrosted) ENJOY!!