Tina's Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls from Helen Hartman
You can use a Jiffy Cake Mix and half the recipe but I encourage making the whole recipe. Share with any friends, widows and widowers who may not get home made baked goodies.
- 1 box
- yellow or white cake mix (reguar size not jiffy size
- 5-6 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 pkg
- active dry yeast (1/4 oz or 2 1/4 tsp.each)
- 2 c
- warm milk (please not skim milk)
- !/4 c
- melted butter
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Tina's Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls from Helen Hartman
- 1Grease a half sheet pan or 2 9x13 cake pans.
- 2Mix 4 cups flour, cake mix, yeast. Add warm milk (120-130degrees) Mix until smooth. I use a Danish whisk or paddle on my stand mixer..you could just a wooden spoon and elbow grease too.
- 3Change to dough hook and work in 1-2 ( I make do with 1/2 cup usually) Knead for 5 minutes at what ever speed is recommended for your stand mixer. Or turn out on to floured board and knead by hand 5 minutes. I have done it both ways and both ways are delish
- 7Cut into 12 pieces. I use a piece of dental floss (yeah, I know I should mention a CLEAN piece of dental floss) to cut the roll. Just slide it along the bottom and cross over and tighten. Cuts clean as a whistle and keeps the shape. Place in a greased 9x13 pan. Repeat with other dough half, butter, sugar mixture and pan.