Tee's Cinnamon Roll
·1 package dry yeast
·4 cups all-purpose sifted flour
·1/4 cup granulated sugar
·1/3 cup melted margarine
·1/2 cup scalded milk
·1/2 cup warm water
How to Make Tee's Cinnamon Roll
- Dissolve yeast in your 1/2 cup warm water. Set aside
- IN large mixing bowl, mix scalded milk, melted margarine,sugar,salt, and beaten egg, mix thoroughly. Add 2 cups flour and mix until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and beat well. Add remaining flour, until dough form a ball, or pull away from sides of bowl.
- Sprinkle kneading surface with a little flour. Knead dough for at least 10 minutes. Great time for arm exercises
- Grease bowl with margarine. Place dough in bowl turn to cover the dough completely. Cover bowl with wax paper or a clean towel. Let dough rise in a draft free area of your kitchen, I place my bowl on top of my refrigerator. Let rise until double, or 1 1/2 hour.
- After 1 1/2 hours punch dough down. Divide dough to make two balls .Knead dough. Roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread melted margarine on dough. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and 1/2 cup raisins on rectangle. Start rolling from the long side of the dough. Roll until you make a roll. Pinch ends closed. Cut slices at 1 to 2 inches. Each ball should make 12 nice size cinnamon roll.
- Place rolls close together In a well greased baking pan. Cover the rolls and let rise for about 45 minutes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool in pan. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze. Mix 4 Tablespoons margarine, with 2 cups powder sugar and 1tablespoon vanilla for the glaze. Drizzle after rolls cool.
- How to make cinnamon sugar.
Mix 3/4 cup sugar and 2tablespoons cinnamon together.