Sweet Sesame Loaf
This turned out to be a wonderfully moist, flavorful, & attractive loaf that I plan to prepare often for afternoon tea, brunch, etc. Had a slice this morn' w/my morning coffee. Delicious! The nutty flavor of the toasted sesame seeds along w/the light lemon undertones just come together perfectly. I think this one's a winner!
How to Make Sweet Sesame Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350'. Line a 10x5 loaf pan w/parchment paper & grease OR grease & flour a nonstick loaf pan.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds. Lightly toast the rest on a baking sheet in the oven or on stovetop in nonstick pan. Watch well so they don't get too dark or overly toasted.
- Sift flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl. Stir in toasted sesame seeds & set aside.
- Cream butter & sugar together by hand or with mixer until light & fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Then stir in lemon zest & milk.
- Pour milk mixture over dry ingredients & fold together until just blended.
Pour into prepared pan & sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds (should completely cover entire top).
- Bake for about 1 Hr until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 min's before unmolding.