Sweet Savory Smoked Sausage Crostini
1loaf of italian bread, 15 oz.
2links of smoked skinless turkey sausages (total 14 oz.)
1/4sweet onion, peeled
2cloves garlic, peelded
8 Tbspolive oil, divided
4 Tbspgrated parmesna cheese
1/2 corange marmalade
4 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbspminced fresh italian parsley
·black pepper to taste
How to Make Sweet Savory Smoked Sausage Crostini
- Cut the Italian bread into half horizontally.
- Chop onion and smoked sausages then put into a large bowl. Add parmesan cheese and 4 tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl. Mix to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together orange marmalade and lemon juice.
- Grate garlic cloves and put into another bowl with 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Brush the garlic oil on cut side of each halved bread. Then spread the orange marmalade mixture evenly, put sausage mixture and mayonnaise (with spoon drop the mayonnaise) evenly and sprinkle black pepper over the top. Place both breads on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes until the breads are nicely crisp and lightly brown.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and place one bread on a cutting board. Sprinkle Italian parsley over the top and cut the bread into eight. Repeat this with the other bread.