Sweet Rolls with Cherry
- 1 pkg
- 1 c
- warmed milk
- 1/2 c
- turbinado sugar (you may also use granulated)
- 1/3 c
- butter (you can also use margarine equally well)
- 1 tsp
- 4 c
- 1 can(s)
- (1lb, 5oz) cherry pie filling ..or 1 recipe homemade filling
How to Make Sweet Rolls with Cherry
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast into the warm milk. Let temper for 5 minutes. In a separate (mixer)bowl,while yeast is tempering, cream sugar and butter. Add salt, eggs, and gradually add flour to mix well.
- 2Pour the milk/yeast mixture into the flour mixture and using the dough hook, mix til well incorporated. Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- 3Punch the dough down and then roll it out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide and approx 1/4" thick.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you spread the cherry pie filling evenly over the entire surface of the dough. Working carefully starting at the outside long edge, roll the dough towards the opposite long side, jelly roll style. Cut the roll into 1 3/4 inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan, filling side up. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. If you would like to drizzle with a confectioners sugar glaze, wait til the rolls have slightly cooled and then do so. Enjoy!