Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
Sweet potatoes can be cooked a day or so ahead and stored in refrigerator. I use small potatoes and cook them in a pressure cooker (skins on). I find it faster than baking or peeling & boiling. Plus retains flavor better than if boiled.
This is a fall favorite at our house and will make your house smell so good while baking.
- 1 1/2 c
- sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 2 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 c
- golden raisins
How to Make Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Grease loaf pan.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices in mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, eggs, oil, and milk and blend well.
- 3Stir in mashed potatoes, pecans and raisins.
- 4Pour batter in prepared pan.
- 5Bake 1 hour & 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. May need to cover with foil after 30-40 minutes during baking to prevent over browning of the top.
- 6Cool in pan for 15 minutes and finish on wire rake.