Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
Sweet potatoes can be cooked a day or so ahead and stored in refrigerator. I use small potatoes and cook them in a pressure cooker (skins on). I find it faster than baking or peeling & boiling. Plus retains flavor better than if boiled.
This is a fall favorite at our house and will make your house smell so good while baking.
1 1/2 csifted all-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 to 1/2 tspnutmeg
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 ccooked, mashed sweet potatoes
1 cchopped pecans
1/2 cgolden raisins
How to Make Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices in mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, eggs, oil, and milk and blend well.
- Stir in mashed potatoes, pecans and raisins.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour & 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. May need to cover with foil after 30-40 minutes during baking to prevent over browning of the top.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and finish on wire rake.