★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
3 1/2 Tbspbutter no margine
1-8 ozcarton lowfat lemon yogurt
1 tspgrated lemon peel
3 Tbspheavy cream
12 inch cookie cutter. round.
How to Make Sweet Lemon Scones
- Preheat the oven at 425.
- Stir together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture
until it resembles course crumbs. Stir together the
lemon yogurt, egg yolks and lemon peel.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir lightly with a fork. Add cream 1 tablespoon at time until dough
begins to clump together.
- Gather dough on lightly floured surface and knead just three to four times, until dough holds together.
Do not over work.
- Pat dough into a rectangle about 3/4 inch thick and cut with 2 inch round cookie cutter. Place scones on
ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with beaten egg whites. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown. Serve warm.