Sweet Eggplant Fritters
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a surprising flavor in these sweet little fritters! After first bite, they are sure to be a hit with any crowd. The Test Kitchen
- 1 1/2 c
- self-rising flour
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/2 c
- boiled, drained and mashed eggplant
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- enough milk to make a thick batter
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar
How to Make Sweet Eggplant Fritters
- 1Mix well all ingredients together, except milk. Add enough milk to make a thick batter. (Should be softer than a drop biscuit dough, but thicker and heavier than a pancake batter.)
- 2Place about 1/2" of vegetable oil in heavy skillet, heat. When the oil become hot enough, drop batter by tablespoons full into hot oil. Fry until browned, turn and fry other side.
- 3Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 4Note: I have made these on a griddle sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray. I did have to thin the batter a little more than usual, but it worked well enough. It is a great way to take out some of the calories and cholesterol if you are concerned about that.