Sugar 'n' Spice Wreath (for Bread Machine)
I have adapted the recipe to use with my bread machine which is not at all hard to do. Just follow the directions on the bread machine literature and you can turn any recipe for bread into a bread machine recipe.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- quick active dry yeast
- egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- white coarse sugar crystals (decorating sugar)
- 1/4 tsp
- each cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
How to Make Sugar 'n' Spice Wreath (for Bread Machine)
- 1Measure carefully, placing water, sour cream, egg, flour, granulated sugar, salt and yeast in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle. Do not use delay cycles. Process until machine beeps.
Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands. Cover and let rest 10 minutes on lightly floured surface.
- 2Grease large cookie sheet with shortening. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each third into 26-inch rope; place ropes side by side. Starting at middle, braid one end together gently and loosely; repeat with other end. Pinch ends to fasten. Shape braid into circle on cookie sheet; pinch ends together. (Wreath can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 48 hours. Before baking, remove the wreath from the refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place about 2 hours or until double.) Cover and let rise in warm place 45 to 50 minutes or until double. (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush beaten egg over dough. Mix sugar crystals, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; sprinkle over dough. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.