Sugar Cinnamon Bubble Bread
How to Make Sugar Cinnamon Bubble Bread
- 1The whole process will take approx. 2 ½ hours from beginning to end
Cinnamon/Sugar Bubble Bread
****you will need a heavy duty mixer and a good dough hook for this
- 2In a very large mixing bowl, combine 4 cups of flour, 3 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt and 4 ½ tsp instant yeast (Fleishman’s Quick-rise)
Heat 1 ½ cups water, ½ cup milk and 3 tbsp butter to 130 degrees F (if you don’t have a thermometer, just stick your pinkie into the liquid-if it feels quite warm (hot but not hot enough to burn you with a quick dipping),the temperature is good. If you are not sure, just go out and buy a good candy/deep fry thermometer.
- 3With the mixer set at low/medium speed (I have a Kitchen Aid Professional 6 quart stand mixer and put the speed at 2, which sounds low, but it is closer to medium speed)),slowly pour liquids into flour mixture. Continue to beat for 2 minutes at this speed. Add 2 cups more flour, ½ cup at a time. Once all the flour is added continue to beat for 2 minutes. By this time the dough will be clinging to the dough hook. Continue to beat at low/medium speed for 2 more minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 4Remove dough from bowl and set to rest on a clean surface (cover with a clean towel) for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile melt ¾ cup butter. Also mix 1 cup of white sugar with 3-4 tsp cinnamon.
Also set the oven temperature to around 150 degrees F and place a bowl of hot water on the floor of the oven. (This will make a great place to rise the dough).