Sue's Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 Tbsp
- yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water with 1/2 tsp of sugar and set aside.
- 3 c
- milk (can use evaporated milk)
- 1 c
- 1 c
- butter or margarine
- 4 tsp
- 14 c
- flour (approximately)
- 4 c
- 1 c
- butter (margarine can be used but butter is better)
- 1/4 c
- 5 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
How to Make Sue's Cinnamon Rolls
- 1Put the yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water with 1/2 tsp of sugar and set aside.
- 2In a microwaveable bowl add the 3 cups of milk. If you use evaporated milk, add one can of milk and fill the can with hot water to make up the 3 cups of diluted evaporated milk. Add 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of butter,and 4 tsp of salt. Put in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- 3While that is heating, in your bread making bowl put the 4 eggs.
- 4When the milk, sugar, butter, and salt are through heating stir and add to the eggs and then add the yeast.
- 5Add 5-6 cups of flour and turn on mixer and let that mix thoroughly. Continue adding flour one cup at a time until the dough is smooth, soft, and doesn't stick to your fingers in a pinch test. Don't overdo the flour or your rolls will be tough. Let the dough mix for about 5 minutes or so and then place in a greased bowl to rise for 20 minutes punch down once and let rise again.
- 6While dough is rising, in a mixing bowl add 4 cups of sugar, 1 cup of softened butter(butter is best but can use margarine), and 1/4 cup cinnamon. Mix this together until it forms a paste that you can spread with a spatula. (If it seems grainy add a little bit of hot water at a time until you have the right consistency that spreads smoothly.)
- 7After the dough has risen twice take dough and divide into 3 to 4 equal parts. Roll into a rectangular shape to as thin as you can get it on all edges and in the middle. Spread a layer of cinnamon sugar paste all over clear to the edges and roll up dough and cut with a serrated edged knife. Place rolls on a greased jelly roll pan or in 9 x 13 pan.
- 8For rolls that touch each other place them in 9 x 13 pan not touching and as they rise and bake they will grow together. For single rolls place on jelly roll pan 3 across and 3 down.
- 9After rolls are in the pans let rise another 15 to 20 minutes. After that preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake rolls for 15 min or more Until golden brown, depending on your oven temp, but do not over bake or they will be tough later.
- 10While rolls are baking take 5 cups of powdered sugar, 1 cup of softened butter, 2 tsp of vanilla. Put in mixer and mix adding milk until the consistency of a smooth, creamy frosting. Once the rolls are out of the oven spread frosting over hot rolls. If you did individual rolls let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes and loosen them from the pan.
- 11You can freeze rolls for later and reheat in microwave.