★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter, unsalted
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 csour cream
1/2 cwalnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cchopped fresh strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the oven rack in the middle position. Spray the bottom and sides of an 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl beat butter until softened. Add sugar, and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Scrape down sides bowl if needed. In a separate bowl , whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. With mixer on low, add flour and sour cream alternately, starting and ending with the flour. Mix only until combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped nuts and strawberries. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, or until bread is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool and then remove pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. This bread can be frozen.
- I usually slice the bread and add maserated strawberries and top it on the slice and add whipped cream. Sometimes I layer my trifle bowl with sliced bread, strawberries and whipped cream.