St. John's Banana Bread
1 cbutter or margarine
4 cflour, sifted
2 tspbaking soda
6 largeripe bananas, mashed (or 7 med bananas)
2 cwalnuts, chopped (optional)
2 cchocolate chips (optional)
2 Tbspbutter or margarine, melted
How to Make St. John's Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease & flour loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs.
- Mix together sifted dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add in mashed bananas. Add nuts & chocolate chips (if using). Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (see note for smaller loaves). Breads are done when a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While breads are still warm, spread melted butter over top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- ** Notes:
If making small loaves, bake 30-35 minutes.
You can also use the disposable aluminum loaf pans, and freeze breads for gifts!