★★★★★ 1 vote5
- ¼ c
- warm water (not hot—110 to 115º)
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- ¾ c
- lukewarm sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 tsp
- large egg
- 2 Tbsp
- soft shortening
- 3 c
How to Make Sour Cream Rolls
- 1In bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Measure flour by dip-level-pour method or by sifting. Stir all ingredients together. Turn dough onto floured board and fold several times to smooth. Roll into an oblong, 24”x6”. Proceed as directed below:
- 21) Spread with 2 large tbsp soft butter. 1)Sprinkle half of dough with a mixture of 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Fold other half over. Cut into 24 strips 1” wide.
- 32) Hold strip at both ends and twist in opposite direction. Place on greased basking sheet 2” apart.
- 43) Press both ends of twist to baking sheet.
- 5Cover, let rise in warm place (85 º) 1 hr. (If kitchen is cool, place dough on a rack over a bowl of hot water and cover completely with a towel.) Heat oven to 375 º (quick mod.). Bake 12 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. While warm frost with Quick White Icing… Makes 2 dozen twists. My Mother and I always put finely chopped walnuts on them after icing them.
- 6Powder sugar, butter, vanilla… = Quick White Icing