Sour Cream Butter Horns
Not my picture
- 4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- yeast cake or 1 pkg dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- egg whites beaten
- 3/4 c
- chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- powdered sugar
How to Make Sour Cream Butter Horns
- 1Sift flour and salt into bowl, add butter and yeast, mixing like pie crust. Add egg yolks, vanilla & sour cream...mix very well.
Beat egg whites and sugar and set aside.
- 2Divide dough into small portions. Roll each portion into a circle on a powdered sugar covered board. Fill with egg white mixture, chopped nuts and cinnamon. Cut into pie shaped wedges. Roll up; beginning with wide end first-like a crescent roll.
- 3Bake in a preheated 350-375 degree oven 12 minutes or until brown. Frost lightly with a mixture of powdered sugar, vanilla & milk mixed to a thin consistency.