Smith House Banana Date Bread
2 stickbutter, softened
1 cgranulated sugar
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
3 largevery ripe bananas
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cwalnut pieces
1 cchopped dates
How to Make Smith House Banana Date Bread
- Combine bananas, sugar and soft butter in mixer bowl. Beat till soft and creamy. Add eggs and beat to incorporate well.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir with whisk to mix. Stir in the nuts and dates. Add slowly to wet ingredients. Just till flour is combined.
- Stir in vanilla and pour into a greased and floured 9"x5"x3" loaf pan. 350* preheated oven.
- The recipe says to cook 1 hr. 15 min. but I have found that it depends on the pan, metal or glass. Also your oven. This cooks 1hr 10min in the oven I have now. When you smell it check on it. As soon as the center top is no longer soft and mushy it's done.
- I've also cooked it in little mini aluminum pans for gifts. Just adjust the cooking time.