Simple Banana Bread
Also, this recipe is supposed to be simple, as a young baker who is just starting out I do not have a lot of fancy kitchen tools, I have my hands! My favorite tool to make this is a good old potato masher!
1 stickmelted butter, unsalted
1 cwhite sugar (or 1/2 white and 1/2 light brown sugar)
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 call purpose flour
·cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
How to Make Simple Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take bananas out of the freezer 45 minutes to an hour before you start baking. Once they are thawed out, deskin them and put the peeled bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Take a smaller microwave safe bowl and melt a stick of butter for about 30-45 seconds. As the butter is melting smash the bananas into a "babyfood" like consistency.
- Once the butter is melted add it to the bananas along with the sugar, egg and vanilla (if you are using cinnamon and nutmeg, sprinkle these in now as well). Mix these wet ingredients together until combined.
- Once combined begin adding the dry ingrediants, first the baking soda with half the flour, mix together. Add the remainder of the flour. Your batter is now ready!
- Grease a regular sized loaf pan, pour the batter into and bake at 350 degrees for about 45minutes to an hour. Depending on my mood somtimes I add walnuts or brown sugar on top. The great thing about this recipie is you can add and change so many parts of it. If its to sweet, you can subtract sugar. If you want to make this as muffins it is great as well.