Senator Al Franken's : Aunt Carla's Pumkin Cornbread
How to Make Senator Al Franken's : Aunt Carla's Pumkin Cornbread
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. On the first speed of a hand or standing mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, and milk.
- 4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry in three batches with a rubber spatula. The batter will be smooth, and is more fluffy than liquidy.
- 5. Pour the batter into a 9 by 13 baking pan (or two loaf pans), and place in the middle rack of the oven.
- 6. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick stuck in the middle of the cornbread comes out dry.
- 7. Let the cornbread cool for ten minutes, and then cut into pieces and serve.