Rooibos Banana Carrot Bread (South Africa)
Add 2 Rooibos Teabags in a cupful [250ml] of boiling water and allow to infuse for 12 minutes.
You can chill the remaining tea for later use or you can drink the tea immediately after removing the amount required.
You can drink it as is or add sugar and or milk. Rooibos prepared in this way may be too strong for your taste, in which case you can dilute it by adding more hot water.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 c[250ml] whole wheat flour
2 tsp[10ml] baking powder
1 tsp[5ml] bicarb soda
4 oz[120ml] veg oil
2 Tbsp[30ml] rooibos tea, brwewd
4 oz[110g] soft brown sugar
1 c[250ml] grated carrots [ use the finest grater you have]
1/2 c[ 125ml] sultanas or raisins [must be seedless]
1/2 c[125ml] walnuts or pecan nuts
1/4 c[60ml] pitted dates
·a little butter for greasing pan
How to Make Rooibos Banana Carrot Bread (South Africa)
- Preheat oven to 350oF [180oC}
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb soda together.
- Whisk in the oil and Rooibos Tea add the sugar and whisk together until the mixture is creamy
- Stir in the flour, alternating with the bananas, carrots, raisins [or sultanas] walnuts and dates ensuring that the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin with the butter and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake for +/- 35 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the Rooibos Banana and Carrot Bread from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool [wait a few minutes before doing this].
- You can either serve slices warm or cold, buttered or not as you prefer.