Raspberry Swirl Buttermilk Coffee Cake
I realize the ingredients are incorporated in a slightly strange order, but this is how the recipe is written so I didn't ask any questions! :-)
I have also used blackberry and strawberry jam. I would think any flavor would work.
How to Make Raspberry Swirl Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter. Add about half of the flour.
- 2Add sugar, buttermilk, egg whites, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Add remaining flour and beat just until combined. Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- 4Add dollops of jam in small spoonfuls on top of batter. Swirl jam into batter with a knife creating a marbled effect. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- 5Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand at least 5 minutes before slicing.