2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 corange juice
1 Tbsporange rind
1egg, well beaten
1/2 cchopped nuts
2 cwhole raspberries, fresh or frozen
How to Make Raspberry Nut Bread
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is like coarse cornmeal.
- Combine orange juice and rind with egg.
- Pour all at once into dry ingredients, mixing just enough to moisten.
- Fold in nuts and raspberries.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Spread corners and sides slightly higher than center.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and finish cooling.