Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
1 cvegetable oil
1 cpureed zucchini
1 cpumpkin, canned
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 to 1 cchopped nuts, optional
How to Make Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Puree zucchini. Slice off end where stem was and then cut into small chunks and place in blender until pureed. Unless seeds have become very large, I typically puree the whole zucchini; seeds, skin and meat. When harvesting zucchini from the garden, I set aside amount I need for the recipe and then put 1 to 2 cups into freezer ziploc bags for future recipes. 1 CUP ZUCCHINI IS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE. (Regular zucchini bread is 2 cups pureed zucchini - no pumpkin.)
- Mix together:
Beaten eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir in:
1 Cup pureed zucchini and
1 Cup pumpkin
- Mix together and then add to liquids:
Flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Spray 2 loaf pans and pour batter evenly between pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10-15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.