Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago and its one of the favs in my family for this wonderful time of year.
Pumpkin and cranberries two amazing flavors blending together in a marriage made in heaven
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 t nutmeg
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 c oil
- 2 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 can pumpkin (15 or 16oz)
- 1 c fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 c walnuts, crushed (thanks susan for a great addition) optional of course
How to Make Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 1Mix first 6 ingredients together in large bowl.
- 2In seperate bowl beat sugars and oil on medium speed till blended, add eggs and vanilla until mixed well.
- 3Add Pumpkin to this and mix on low until batter is smooth.
- 4Add dry ingredients from first bowl to this 1/2 at a time. Mix on low speed each time till blended.
- 5Fold in both kinds of cranberries gently
- 6Spray two loaf pans with non stick spray and divide batter between both pans
- 7Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for an hour to an hour and ten minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Allow to cool for 5 to 7 minutes and then remove from pans.
- 9Glaze with a mixof powdered sugar, milk and maple syrup (just a few drops)