Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago and its one of the favs in my family for this wonderful time of year.
Pumpkin and cranberries two amazing flavors blending together in a marriage made in heaven
·3 c all purpose flour
·3/4 t cinnamon
·1/2 t salt
·3/4 t nutmeg
·1 t baking soda
·1/2 t baking powder
·1/4 c brown sugar
·1 c oil
·2 1/2 c granulated sugar
·1 t vanilla
·1 can pumpkin (15 or 16oz)
·1 c fresh cranberries
·1/2 c dried cranberries
·1/4 to 1/2 c walnuts, crushed (thanks susan for a great addition) optional of course
How to Make Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in large bowl.
- In seperate bowl beat sugars and oil on medium speed till blended, add eggs and vanilla until mixed well.
- Add Pumpkin to this and mix on low until batter is smooth.
- Add dry ingredients from first bowl to this 1/2 at a time. Mix on low speed each time till blended.
- Fold in both kinds of cranberries gently
- Spray two loaf pans with non stick spray and divide batter between both pans
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for an hour to an hour and ten minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 to 7 minutes and then remove from pans.
- Glaze with a mixof powdered sugar, milk and maple syrup (just a few drops)