★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt (i use less)
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar and
- 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. raisins or nuts, or both (optional)
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
- 1Sift first 7 ingredients together in medium bowl.
- 2Add sugars, mix well.
- 3Mix together the oil, pumpkin and eggs in a large bowl.
- 4Add the flour mix about a 1/3 at a time and blend well. Then add nuts or raisins if using them.
- 5Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-1/2"x5" loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.