Pumpkin Biscuits with Orange-Honey Butter
2 call-purpose flout
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspgrond cinnamon
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/4 cchilled butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cfat free buttermilk
1/2 ccanned pumpkin
1/4 corange honey butter
How to Make Pumpkin Biscuits with Orange-Honey Butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine first 7 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) Cut in chilled butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse-meal.
- Using a wisk, combine buttermilk and pumpkin. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, kneed lightly 5 times. Roll dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 12 biscuits with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with 1/4 cup Orange-Honey Butter. Yields 12 servings (serving size; 1 biscuit) and (1 teaspoon buter)
- ORANGE-HONEY BUTTER
- 1/2 cup butter softened; 1/2 cup honey; 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.