☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cchopped pecans, divided
1-8 ozcontainer sour cream
1 cgranulated sugar
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cfinely chopped, peeled granny smith apples (about 3/4 lbs)
1/2 cfirmly packed light brown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Praline-Apple Bread
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Flour and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Bake 1/2 cup pecans I a single layer in a shallow pan 6-8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
- Beat sour cream, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract for 2 minutes or until well blended. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and chopped pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Shield with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent top of bread from browning excessively.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan to wire rack for further cooling.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1 quart heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread.