I try to find different recipes to use them in.
This bread is sweet with the small bits of chopped plum giving it a subtle tartness, Really good along with a hot cup of coffee or tea
1 cpitted and chopped fresh plums
1 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 cwhite sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/3 cplain yogurt
1/4 cbrown sugar
How to Make Plum Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl sprinkle chopped plums with the 1 Tbsp of flour and toss to coat, set aside
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, white sugar and vanilla extract with an electric beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
- In another bowl sift together the 1 1/2 cup of flour with the salt and baking soda. stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture alternating with the yogurt until mixture forms a smooth batter, Lightly stir in the flour coated plums and pour into the prepared loaf pan
- sprinkle the top with the brown sugar
- Bake in oven until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 45-50 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan