Pineapple Zucchini Bread/Cake
It seems so many recipes call for cinnamon and my husband does not like the smell or the taste of cinnamon so at times it is a challenge to find a baked good without that spice.
I ran across a recipe for zucchini bread and thought yep .. this will work with a few minor changes .. and we now have a wonderful sweet treat that can be bread or it can be a cake !
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspkosher salt
1 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cdiced pineapple
1/4 ccraisins (dried cranberries)
1 cshredded fresh zucchini
1/2 cchopped pecans (optional)
1/4 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbspmilk or cream
How to Make Pineapple Zucchini Bread/Cake
- Preheat oven to 350.
Grease or spray a loaf pan.
Optionally you can line it with parchment paper if desired.
- Sift your flour and other dry ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the eggs and oil until blended.
Whisk in the sugar and incorporate well.
- Next add your pineapple, craisins and zucchini and stir to blend.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir well.
If you are using the optional nuts now is the time to stir them in as well.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 - 75 minutes until golden brown and done on the inside.
- Sprinkle the entire top of the loaf with turbinado sugar for a nice crunchy top.
- Cool for about 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely before cutting.
Once it is cooled you can drizzle the glaze over top if so desired.
- To make the glaze:
Melt the butter in a small pot.
Stir in the granulated sugar and simmer while stirring just until the sugar is dissolved. Continue to cook until the mixture reaches somewhere between 225 and 230.
Remove from heat.
Add the milk or cream and stir.
Add the vanilla, stir in and then pour over top of your baked goods immediately.