Pineapple cheddar cornbread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- four eggs, lightly beaten
- one can cream style corn, 15 ounces
- one can crushed pineapple, juice pack, drained, 8 ounces
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese, shredded, 1 cup
How to Make Pineapple cheddar cornbread
- 1preheat oven to 375°. Grease and flour a 2 quart rectangle or other baking dish. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture on low speed just until mixed. Stir in corn, pineapple, and cheese. Spoon batter into prepared dish.
- 3Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.