PIGGIE'S EARS !
This is easy to make and very good! Kids love this.
This is good for breakfast or anytime! This is a nice project to do with children.... they love to roll the dough out!
This is not my photo... but it looks close to what this recipe is.
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 large
- eggs (beaten well)
- 1/3 c
- butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- inches of cooking oil in sauce pan
- 2 c
- dark corn syrup
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/3 c
- pecans (chopped coarsely)
OIL FOR FRYING
How to Make PIGGIE'S EARS !
- 1Beat eggs well, with a whisk. Slowly add while whisking the cooled melted butter. Add salt and cinnamon, vanilla and water.
- 2Slowly add in the flour, mixing well. When it gets too thick to stir, use your hands to finish blending the dough.
- 3Form into 36 balls. Place one ball at a time onto floured surface and roll out about 6 inches round. Cover the rounds with a lightly damp towel to keep from drying out.
- 4Heat cooking oil to 375 degrees. Place one round of dough into hot oil. When the dough rises to the top of the oil, Use a large wooden handled fork to twist the dough (like you do with spaghetti), to form piggie ears! Hold against the side of the pan about 30 seconds to 45 seconds to cook and retain shape. Turn over and cook more if needed so it is golden brown in color. Remove to a paper towel lined surface to drain oil.
In large saucepan: Put all ingredients. Bring to a boil and bring to 230 degrees, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 6Place Piggies Ears on a platter and pour topping evenly over them. ENJOY!
- 7*** You may omit the pecans if you don't care for nuts.
*** You can sprinkle with powdered sugar instead of toppings.
*** These are also good with maple syrup and walnuts!