Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
I had some hamburger buns in the freezer that needed to be used, so I substituted them for the French bread. Turned out wonderful!
It is not really like a pudding.
My family did not put on any toppings -- they loved it and quickly asked for seconds. The next day it was just as good even though it was room temperature and still no toppings!
- 6 oz. mini loaf french bread, cubed (8 cups loosely packed)
- large eggs
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz). sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c
- dark corn syrup
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- pecans, coarsely chopped, divided
How to Make Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spread bread cubes in single layer on large cookie sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
- 3Coat 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray.
- 4Beat eggs with hand mixer until fluffy. Blend in milk, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla.
- 5Stir in toasted bread cubes and 1 cup of pecans until evenly moistened.
- 6Pour into pan and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Let stand 30 minutes.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Cool 5 minutes.
- 7Serve warm or cooled with vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup.
For breakfast, serve warm with maple syrup.