Pandesal Bread (Filipino Bread Rolls)
2 1/4 tspactive dry yeast
1 1/4 cwhole milk, warmed to 100-105 degrees f
3 cunbleached white flour
1 1/2 cbread flour
1 1/2 tspsalt
3 Tbspunsalted butter, to room temperature
1/3 cgranulated sugar
2 largeeggs, lightly whisked
·*very fine* breadcrumbs
How to Make Pandesal Bread (Filipino Bread Rolls)
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add 2 tsp of sugar. Stir to combine. Let stand for 5-10 minutes until yeast has activated and mixture is foamy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, bread flour, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour yeast mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment. Add remaining sugar, butter and lightly whisked eggs.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions. Once all the flour has been added, increased speed to medium. Continue to knead until dough comes together to form a smooth ball.
- Remove from mixing bowl and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise at room temperature for 1 hour. Punch dough down and divide into 24 equal parts.
- Roll dough into balls and dip the top of the bread roll into breadcrumbs. Place breadcrumb side up on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover dough balls with plastic wrap to prevent dough from drying out. Allow bread rolls to rise for 15-20 minutes, until bread rolls have puffed up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 20-25 minutes until fragrant and golden brown. Eat bread rolls warm or at room temperature.