Orange Cinnamon Bread
There may seem like a lot of steps to this recipe but most of the time is spent letting the dough rise. It truly is an easy recipe; you just have to plan ahead. Enjoy!
2 Tbspactive dry yeast
1/2 cwarm water
3/4 corange juice
1 Tbspgrated orange peel
1 1/2 tspsalt
6 1/2 - 7 cbread flour, divided
2 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Orange Cinnamon Bread
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat milk and orange juice to 110 degrees.
- Add heated orange juice mixture to yeast mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, orange peel, salt, egg and 3 cups of flour to yeast mixture.
- Beat mixture until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down after it has doubled.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 15 x 7 inch rectangle. Brush with water.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar and sprinkle over dough to within 1 inch of edges.
- Tightly roll up jelly-roll style, starting at short side; pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam down in two greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool.