Orange Cinnamon Bread
There may seem like a lot of steps to this recipe but most of the time is spent letting the dough rise. It truly is an easy recipe; you just have to plan ahead. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
- 1/2 c
- warm water
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- orange juice
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 6 1/2 - 7 c
- bread flour, divided
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Orange Cinnamon Bread
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Heat milk and orange juice to 110 degrees.
- 3Add heated orange juice mixture to yeast mixture.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, orange peel, salt, egg and 3 cups of flour to yeast mixture.
- 5Beat mixture until smooth.
- 6Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 7Turn dough onto a floured surface.
- 8Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 9Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- 10Punch dough down after it has doubled.
- 11Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half.
- 12Roll each portion into a 15 x 7 inch rectangle. Brush with water.
- 13Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar and sprinkle over dough to within 1 inch of edges.
- 14Tightly roll up jelly-roll style, starting at short side; pinch seams to seal.
- 15Place seam down in two greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 16Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool.