Monkey Bread, New York-Style
How to Make Monkey Bread, New York-Style
- Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a 10" tube pan.
- In a food processor, chop fruit filling by pulsing several times. Flatten each biscuit into a 5-6" circle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons fruit filling onto each biscuit and seal edges to form a ball.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each biscuit ball in sugar mixture. Make 2 rings of biscuits in tube pan and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes, covering biscuits with foil after 20 minutes of baking time.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; loosen biscuits from edge of pan and remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk; blend well. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Invert onto a platter and serve while still warm or cooled.