1/2 csugar (granulted)
1 tspground cinnamon
2 can(s)large, refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cchopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 craisins, dark or golden (optional)
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cbutter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F; lightly grease a regular Bundt pan with butter-flavored shortening or cooking spray.
- PREPARE SUGAR/CINNAMON: Add the sugar and cinnamon in a large plastic storage bag and shake well to combine.
- PREPARE THE BROWN SUGAR/BUTTER: In a measuring cup (for easy pouring) melt the butter in the microwave and then add the brown sugar and mix well
- SEPARATE THE 16 BISCUITS and cut each into quarters. Add pieces into the bag and shake to coat with the sugar/cinnamon.
- Arrange a layer of the dough, sprinkle with some of the nuts and raisins, drizzle a little of the brown sugar/butter. Repeat layers in this order, until all ingredients are used.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy (time may vary according to your oven).
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and turn upside down onto a serving dish. (OPTION: Drizzle with the glaze) Serve while warm, pull-apart-style.
- While bread is cooling, combine the glaze ingredients (if you are using glaze) in the measuring cup (for easy drizzling).