Mom's Paska Bun Recipe
- 3 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 c
- water, warm
- 2 tsp
- 4 c
- 16 large
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- orange - juice and rind
- lemon - juice and rind
- 3 c
- milk - scalded
- 8 c
How to Make Mom's Paska Bun Recipe
- 1Dissolve yeast in the warm water and 1st amount of sugar, let yeast set for 10 minutes.
- 2Beat eggs well and add sugar gradually, beat until dissolved.
- 3Mix flour and salt. Make a well in flour mixture and pour in scalded milk, stir and add egg mixture. Beat well.
- 4Add salt, margarine, lard, fruit juices and rinds. Mix well.
- 5Add yeast mixture and mix again.
- 6Turn dough on a floured surface an kneed well as if making buns and return to mixing bowl.
- 7Let rise until double in bulk (2 hrs. approx).
- 8Punch dough down and make buns. Let rise on pan until double in bulk (2 hrs. approx.).
- 9Bake @ 350°F for 20 minutes or until tops are slightly browned. Keep watch that buns don't burn!
Serving Ideas : Can also be made into 4 - 5 bread loaves.