Mom's Paska Bun Recipe
3 Tbspactive dry yeast
1 cwater, warm
1 1/2 clard
1orange - juice and rind
1lemon - juice and rind
3 cmilk - scalded
How to Make Mom's Paska Bun Recipe
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water and 1st amount of sugar, let yeast set for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs well and add sugar gradually, beat until dissolved.
- Mix flour and salt. Make a well in flour mixture and pour in scalded milk, stir and add egg mixture. Beat well.
- Add salt, margarine, lard, fruit juices and rinds. Mix well.
- Add yeast mixture and mix again.
- Turn dough on a floured surface an kneed well as if making buns and return to mixing bowl.
- Let rise until double in bulk (2 hrs. approx).
- Punch dough down and make buns. Let rise on pan until double in bulk (2 hrs. approx.).
- Bake @ 350°F for 20 minutes or until tops are slightly browned. Keep watch that buns don't burn!
Serving Ideas : Can also be made into 4 - 5 bread loaves.