Mini (no yeast) Cinnamon Buns
Super easy to make!
I found this recipe at Iowa Girl Eats.com
- 1 - 8 oz
- pkg. crescent roll dough
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- brown sugar
- maple icing:
- 1 tsp
- maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp
- milk (may use almond milk)
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Mini (no yeast) Cinnamon Buns
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees (or whatever your tube of crescent roll instructs). Spray 16 tins of a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- 2Flour your counter surface to prevent sticking, roll out half of the dough (4 triangles) and close the seams together by pinching. Flip over and pinch those seams together as well.
- 3Smooth out the seams with a rolling pin OR cover the dough with parchment paper and roll over with a glass cup. You want the dough to be totally smooth and 1/4″ thick.
- 4Brush with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Use as much or as little as you prefer. Roll into a log and cut into 8 equal buns.
- 5Repeat steps 2-4 with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Place 16 buns into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the buns are lightly browned. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and spoon icing over top each bun.
- 6Maple Icing:
Whisk together maple syrup and milk in a small bowl. Stir in powdered sugar until no sugar lumps appear in the glaze. Spoon over warm cinnamon buns.