Mexican Rum Raisin Banana Nut Bread/Pan Mexicano de Ron, Pasas Banana, Y Nueces
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter
- 2 c
- ground piloncillo or dark brown sugar
- 4 large
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- 5 large
- over ripe bananas, peel must be turning dark and bananas should be soft and mushy.
- 16 oz
- greek yogurt, unflavored
- 2 tsp
- clear dominican vanilla or good vanilla
- 2 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon optional
- 1/4 c
- dark rum
- 1 small
- box raisins soaked in the rum 2 hours prior to making the bread optional
How to Make Mexican Rum Raisin Banana Nut Bread/Pan Mexicano de Ron, Pasas Banana, Y Nueces
- 1Two hours prior to making the bread open a small box of raisins the kind you pack in the kids lunch boxes, empty into the 1/4 cup of dark rum and let soak for a couple of hours. The longer the better. When ready to make the bread Preheat oven 350 degrees, Butter your loaf pans or spray with Crisco butter flavored baking and cooking spray. About one hour prior to making your bread You should have left your eggs and yogurt out so that it is room temperature. Butter can come out 1/2 hour prior to making your bread. You want it soft but not real soft.
- 2Cream butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Use your mixer.
- 3Add eggs to butter/sugar mixture beat well until all is well incorporated.
- 4In a another bowl measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and the salt. Mix well with a spoon or wisk.
- 5Next combine the flour mixture into the butter mixture in four increments. Add a little and mix with the mixer then add a little more flour and continue to mix until all the flour mixture is used.
- 6Now add all of the mashed bananas, mix with the mixer about half a minute, then add the yogurt mix with the mixer about half a minute then add the vanilla, mix again then add the raisins rum and all into the batter and mix well with a spoon. last add the chopped nuts. Mix gently and pour into the loaf pans. Bake one hour and about 15 minutes.