Mary's Blue Ribbon Banana Bread
It is the best banana bread I have ever tasted and everyone asks for it!
I entered this in the County Fair back in the 1990's and won a Blue Ribbon. Actually I entered this a number of years in a row and it always took home the blue ribbon.
It is a moist and flavorful bread.
My secret is simple. Place over ripe bananas on a plate in the refrigerator. Cover with plastic wrap or the banana flavor will permeate other foods. Let them turn black. It is the banana oils that give the flavor.
Try this recipe. I guarantee it will be your favorite!
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1 1/2 cripe banana pulp, mashed
1/4 csour cream
1/2 cchopped walnuts are optional
How to Make Mary's Blue Ribbon Banana Bread
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs and beat well until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Mix banana pulp with with sour cream, add alternately with dry ingredients to butter, sugar and eggs mixture on slow speed. Scraps sides as needed.
- DO NOT OVER BEAT. Beat only until combined. I then stir with a wooden spoon to make sure it is all combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a greased and floured loaf pan, 9X5X3 for 50-60 minutes.
Test with a cake tester. Do not test in the crack. Test off to the side. It should come out clean, but be careful not to over bake. You want a moist banana bread.