Marie's Banana Bread/Cake
3 mediumvery ripe bananas (has some brown spots on them)
1/3 clight brown sugar
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
3/4 ccrushed pecans (leave a few out for the top)
BROWN SUGAR GLAZE:
1/2 clight brown sugar
How to Make Marie's Banana Bread/Cake
- In a zip loc bag put flour and baking soda. Shake to mix and set aside.
- Put sugars and eggs in bowl; beat until fluffy.
Fry bananas in butter until soft (mash with a potato masher). Let cool slightly. Add warm bananas to sugar mixture.
- Blend the flour and soda mixture (that you have in the zip loc bag) into the sugar, butter and bananas, mix until blended.
Pour into a large loaf pan that has been buttered and sprinkled with sugar cinnamon.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour or until a broom straw inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. Top with brown sugar glaze.
- Brown Sugar Glaze:
Heat 1/2 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of butter until boiling point(if too thick add about 1 tablespoon of water). Put on top of bread; add crushed nuts.
- Note; Baking time will depend on your oven. Check bread/cake after about 45 minutes.